02 April 2009

General Conference

Earlier this evening I went to a missionary correlation meeting and one of the Elders shared a spiritual thought. I really liked what he had to say so I thought I would share it. He quoted Moroni 10:4-5 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
(a common missionary scripture). Since this encourages one to read the Word of God and then pray to know it is true he related this to this weekends General Conference. He encouraged the group to write down any question that you have about life, the gospel, or other things. Pray for an answer with faith you will receive it, and then watch General Conference and you will get the answer.
I think I will be trying this in hopes of receiving direction and comfort during these times. If any of you try this them please let me know your experience.

1 comment:

  1. Here is another good idea to make conference watching more meaningful. Watch with a new convert. They ask questions that you never thought of because you have lived with it for so long.

    ReplyDelete