26 April 2009

Earth Day

Earth day tip 6
Sorry I missed posting this on Friday. One of the best things you can do in your home to keep air cleaner is to have house plants. Today's houses are so air tight that during the winter (or summer if you are in Arizona) there is very little air circulation. This means that a home can have a build up of CO (Carbon Monoxide). This is produced when we breath out as a byproduct of animal respiration. Plants then convert this back to O2 (Oxygen) that we can breath. I know that for some (myself included) it can be difficult to keep a plant alive. I have made a commitment to giving it another try so I am starting small with one Jade plant (Jill got it for me and it has been alive for 2 months now). If it makes it through the summer I will be adding more house plants.

Last tip coming later today.

2 comments:

  1. I have loved reading your tips, and I need to give a house plant another chance. I'm a complete fan of fresh flowers, but a plant is a different story! Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to have a table to put plants on. You are inspiring me to get with the program.

    ReplyDelete