09 May 2010

Mothers Day

As many of you know I really dislike Mothers Day.  This year is no different but I want to take the time to tribute to my mother and other women who have had an impact on my life.

First my mom.  Through the good times and the bad she has been there.  I can always call her and know that she will listen.  I know that I was a difficult child and at one time she had 3 teenage daughters.  That in its self could send anyone to the loony farm but she loved and cared for us always.  Mom set a spiritual example also with her kindness and charity.  Mom lives what she believes.  I will always be grateful for all she has done for me over the years.  My mom is a wonderful woman with strength and love for all. 

Many of the people in my life know that I have a wonderful Aunt Naomi.  She has been like a grandmother to me and pillar of strength to our family.  Aunt Naomi is a strong woman with so much faith.  She has an incredible love of the gospel and life.  I am so thankful for the example she has set for me.  She is now approaching 90 years old and has faced the challenges of life with so much grace and dignity.  At times I have faced similar trials to her and found strength in the example that she set.

Of course I cannot forget my mother-in-law she is a wonderful woman with so much love.  I am so lucky to have a great mother-in-law who loves me and has never made me feel that "I am not good enough for her son" and supported us always.  My mother-in-law always shows me the love she feels.  She is a caring person and very nurturing.

There are so many other women who have influenced me and there is no way I can list them all here.  Everyday in my life I see the influence of Young Women leaders, friends moms, friends, coworkers, and Relief Society sisters.

For all the women in my life I hope Mothers Day is filled with love and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment